North East Region
North East Region comprises Garissa, Mandera, Wajir and Tana River counties. The key security challenges include Perennial inter-clan animosities stemming from political rivalry, boundary dispute, resource access and control have always made the peace and security situation in this region murky.
REINVENT interventions in the region encompass:
- Structured responses directly with National Government agencies including the National Police Service and with community-based organisations
- Prevention/Countering Violent extremism
- Reducing criminal violence,
- Addressing gender-based violence
- Monitoring conduct of security agencies.